About Loterie Nationale du
Created by ordinance N 6 / PR / MF
AE dated March 23, 1967, the LNB started its activities with a capital of
500,000,000 FCFA which rose to one billion FCFA in 1996. Indeed, before the
Independence of 1960, fun activities were carried out in Benin by foreigners
(Israelis) and capital was directed towards the outside.
The LNB is a commercial, financial,
social company with a moral sense and financial autonomy. The head office
is located in Cotonou.
It conducts its activities by
complying with the laws and customs which govern the foundation of public and
semi-public companies in Benin and derives its success from the successive
innovations which stem from its products.
The LNBs mission is to
mobilize national savings to finance social, cultural and sporting
Thus, its objectives are located at
the institutional, economic and social, marketing and commercial levels. It
- create a quality brand image;
- build an administration for development;
- to contribute to the improvement of the health and
housing of the populations, to the progressive reduction of unemployment;
- contribute to the consolidation of the
macroeconomic framework and maintain its stability;
- develop economic and social infrastructure;
- mobilize national savings to finance social,
cultural and sporting investments;
- ensure good commercial management of its products
and related operations;
- maintain good public relations and give better
visibility to the activities carried out.